Poll: Mobs activated after the 1.8 map restart?

Old threads goes here.

Shall mobs be activated after the 1.8 map restart?

Yes of course - all mobs, no restrictions
No votes
Yes, as long as the creeper doesn't explode in my face
100%
Yes, but only periodically
No votes
No, I hate mobs - I wan't a build server only
No votes

Total votes: 4

Teaser

Poll: Mobs activated after the 1.8 map restart?

Postby Teaser » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:36 am

I think this matter needs new consideration. Personally I have changed my mind from the last time a similar poll was created. I would now prefer mobs being activated. That is, as long as the creepers dont explode, just kill. I know that is possible.

Mobs gives the game new aspects, not just constant building with no functionality other than just standing there. And after 1.8, we will surely see new mobs as well: One, the Enderman, is allready confirmed, and it looks scary as shit :D

matt3020

Re: Poll: Mobs activated after the 1.8 map restart?

Postby matt3020 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:26 am

yeh i think we should have them on but not straight away because we should build the towns up first

Stigern
Site Admin

Postby Stigern » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Yes, mobs will be on when bukkit is out for 1.8 with support for disabling creepers. Or if it's a native function in 1.8 =)

Teaser

Postby Teaser » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:59 pm

Stigern wrote:Yes, mobs will be on when bukkit is out for 1.8 with support for disabling creepers. Or if it's a native function in 1.8 =)

But their loot makes a lot of potential fun! I think there should be a way to disable the exploding only :)

Stigern
Site Admin

Postby Stigern » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:01 pm

Teaser wrote:
Stigern wrote:Yes, mobs will be on when bukkit is out for 1.8 with support for disabling creepers. Or if it's a native function in 1.8 =)

But their loot makes a lot of potential fun! I think there should be a way to disable the exploding only :)

Yup, there will most likely be mods for 1.8 that disables the explotions :)

Teaser

Postby Teaser » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:51 pm

As i see it, we have only two options for gameplay mode:

1. Build mode: No mobs, peaceful difficulty, infinite health, stable hunger meter, no fall/lava damage
2. Survival mode: Mobs activated (creeper explosion deactivated), easy or normal difficulty, hunger

The way the server is now, with no mobs and lava/fall damage on, makes no sense. If it's a build server we're looking for, then we shall not be able to lose health, because that is just really annoying.
Survival mode should have either easy or normal difficulty; any higher will make the game annoyingly difficult, especially with the hunger meter decaying so fast and mobs dealing a hell lot of damage. Easy is the most fitting, i think.

I prefer option #2. So does the rest of the forum, it seems. :)

Stigern
Site Admin

Postby Stigern » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:15 pm

Teaser wrote:As i see it, we have only two options for gameplay mode:

1. Build mode: No mobs, peaceful difficulty, infinite health, stable hunger meter, no fall/lava damage
2. Survival mode: Mobs activated (creeper explosion deactivated), easy or normal difficulty, hunger

The way the server is now, with no mobs and lava/fall damage on, makes no sense. If it's a build server we're looking for, then we shall not be able to lose health, because that is just really annoying.
Survival mode should have either easy or normal difficulty; any higher will make the game annoyingly difficult, especially with the hunger meter decaying so fast and mobs dealing a hell lot of damage. Easy is the most fitting, i think.

I prefer option #2. So does the rest of the forum, it seems. :)

I agree, Option 2 seems like a decent solution :)

Return to “Minecraft Old”